30 Inspirational Quotes for Intentional Living
“Life is hard—not because we’re doing it wrong, just because it’s hard.” Glennon Doyle Melton
As we press on living this life with intention we come face to face with the reality that even in its simplest form, life is hard.
But, as Glennon says, it’s not always hard because we are doing it wrong. Sometimes, its just hard whether we’ve conquered all the clutter and distractions or are still wondering if we will ever get there. I find that when life is especially hard, even after I’ve done what I can do to simplify it, a little inspiration and encouragement is always welcome.
These quotes have at one time or another encouraged my simple and soulful journey. I’ve held on to some with clenched fists and others have put a much a needed smile on my face. Some have convicted me to dig deeper, think wider, and grow up. Still others have awoken me to a desire that had been long dormant.
Grab a cup of coffee and settle into this soul care session of inspiration. You are doing a good thing, Friend. These quotes will set your heart ever more toward living the life you were created for.
30 Inspirational Intentional Living Quotes to Live By
- The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. – E.E. Cummings
- What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals. -Zig Zigler
- When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps. -Confucius
- Learn to be what you are, and learn to resign with a good grace all that you are not. -Henri Frederic Amiel
- Our greatest experiences are our quietest moments. -Nietzsche
- He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me. -Psalm 18:19
- Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. -Arthur Ashe
- “What if I fall?” “Oh, but Darling, what if you fly?” -Erin Hanson
- Above all, try something. -Franklin D Roosevelt
- Wake up in anticipation. Something great is going to happen today. – unknown
- Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.- Dalai Lama
- Own less stuff. Enjoy more freedom. It really is that simple. –Joshua Becker
- It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere. -Agnes Repplier
- I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better. – Maya Angelou
- The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but seeing with new eyes. -Marcel Proust
- Simplicity is complex. It’s never simple to keep things simple. Simple solutions require the most advanced thinking.”― Richie Norton
- At the start, I did just one thing, and then another. – Leo Babauta
- If the path be beautiful, let us not ask where it leads. ― Anatole France
- This is a wonderful day. I haven’t seen this one before. -Maya Angelou
- Tell your children they’re amazing before they ever think otherwise. –Erica Layne
- Hold close to your essential self. –Shauna Niequist
- The slower the living, the greater the sense of fullness and satisfaction. –Ann Voskamp
- Where there is no vision, the people perish. -Proverbs 29:18
- An unintentional life accepts everything and does nothing. An intentional life embraces only the things that will add to the mission of significance.-John C Maxwell
- Respond to every call that excites your spirit. —Rumi
- From the spark may burst a might flame. – Dante
- Those who have a strong sense of love and belonging have the courage to be imperfect. – Brene Brown
- The key is not to prioritize your schedule but to schedule your priorities. – Steven Covey
- Wherever you are, be all there. – Jim Elliot
- Instead of working so hard to make ends meet, work on having fewer ends. – Courtney Carver
Hold close to these quotes when life is hard – and hold close to the One who sustains all things, including you.